Monday, August 20, 2012

Bloomberg Visit

I started off the day with some running before heading off to some morning classes. As a way to shake things up, I gave myself another excuse to trek into downtown Sydney after registering for a free class to better familiarize myself with the financial software of the Bloomberg terminal. The class was held at Bloomberg's Sydney office on the 36th floor in one of the high rise financial buildings and had amazing views overlooking the Anzac bridge (named in honor of the Australia New Zealand Army Corps), the Opera House, and the harbor.

After finishing up the class, I was able to get some free fruit, yogurt, and other food courtesy of Bloomberg all the while enjoying the view overlooking the city.

I wrapped up the day taking some swings in the cricket cage (which I used for baseball practice). The set-up can be seen down below and took some creativity with a net to substitute for a traditional L-screen to protect the thrower.

To end the evening, I went over to the gym for a boxing workout.


View from Bloomberg Sydney's office

The batting set-up (cricket cages are noticeably more narrow than baseball ones) 

No comments:

Post a Comment