Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Summer Baseball practice

After my internship I took the bus along with another American college baseball player to Five Dock, a suburb of Sydney where I was met by the player-coach of the summer baseball team I am planning to play with in Ryde (20 minute drive north of my dorm). Based on the practice and mentality, it should shape up to be a fun season with good talent.

The Australian player-coach played division 1 baseball in the US at Dallas Baptist University and offered to give my fellow American and I a break on the cost for the team so long as we can work some baseball camps with some younger guys.

Amazing how expensive everything over here is; minimum wage is a little south of $20, so it makes it much easier if you are holding a job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment