Friday, November 2, 2012

Some Saratoga in Sydney

Today I was able to meet up with my longtime friend Nate Foster and his mom Denise. I've played baseball with Nate ever since I was 8 on through high school and now play against in college. He studied this semester at the University of Queensland, located the state north of New South Wales, and is on a trip to Sydney with his mom for just short of a week.

After they had gotten settled into their hotel (which has an amazing view of the Opera House), I walked into the city and went straight for the Opera House figuring that would be the first place anyone would head to. They were able to quickly spot me and after catching up, we took a walk through the Royal Botanical Gardens (located right next to the Opera House). From there we grabbed a snack at the hotel before heading off to take a walk around the historic "Rocks" area of Sydney where we grabbed dinner at an outstanding Italian restaurant (which featured a guy on the harp and another on the guitar for background music).

They are staying up to next Thursday and I will be meeting up with them again during their time over here.

The Italian restaurant where we grabbed dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment