Monday, November 26, 2012

Tunnel Beach Trip

Setting my alarm early this morning, I got up and out to head over to see Tunnel Beach before I catch my bus this afternoon out of Dunedin.

After walking just under 5 miles, I found myself at the beach with some great views of the water.







Unfortunately, I was not close to Tunnel Beach after talking with some locals and trying to figure the best way to get over there using my map. The road system forced me to go away from the water due to the number of dead-end roads in the vicinity. Nonetheless, in asking one New Zealander for help, I was offered a ride in his vintage 1960s convertible and was able to make it over to Tunnel Beach.

The "tunnel" of Tunnel Beach






I was able to successfully hitch-hike my way back to the city so I have plenty of time before my bus leaves. In walking around the town more, I passed the Cadbury chocolate factory which radiates a chocolate, nutella-like smell.


I will be catching a bus out of town a little before 2 pm today to head for a small town in southwest New Zealand; Te Anau. From there I will be seeing Milford Sound and Queenstown (the adventure capital of the world).


No comments:

Post a Comment